I live in the South and right now the air is ripe with signs of Fall. However, the way it goes in the South is that could change in a matter of hours and we are back to scorching temperatures. This puts me right back into my laid-back mood and thoughts of my memories of Summer 2015!
Before my daughter left for a summer stay with her father, she and I took a short trip to Destin, Florida to attend a beach wedding. The wedding and reception were fabulous! Imagine emerald green waters and pearly white sand as the backdrop. We enjoyed sitting on the beach on a pretty sunny day watching the beginning of a beautiful chapter in my friend’s life.
The next couple of days after the wedding, my daughter and I had an awesome time enjoying the water, waves, and great food. We also went to Destin last year so at this point we are just going to make this an annual trip.
A few days after returning home, darling daughter left for her visit for the next couple of months. Then it was all about Mommy Me Time! A part of my purpose is to show single moms the importance of having personal time and ways to make that happen.
A few of my memories of summer 2015 include:
- I ramped up work on my hobbies and side projects. This website was dreamt up with the help of a blog coach.
- I attended my sorority’s Platinum & Pearls Ball and retreat.
- I partied at a couple of concerts featuring Floetry, BBD (Bell, Biv, Devoe), and Boyz II Men.
- I saw Motown the Musical. It was fabulous! Please check it out if it comes to your city.
- I enjoyed the company of family and friends at family reunions, dinners, cook-outs, birthday celebrations, and a baby shower.
- I went live on Periscope for the first time. Check that out on my Facebook page!
- Most of all, I enjoyed my alone-time and great food!
How was your summer? What did you do?
You May Also Like: